NativeAccent for Students: 01 - Onboarding in NativeAccent and Carnegie BASICS
- You will receive a temporary username and password from your instructor or lab supervisor.
- There are three essential steps in the onboarding process:
- The hardware sound settings are set up for the headset microphone (<5 minutes)
- Microphone Set-up guide for Microsoft Windows
- Microphone Set-up guide for Mac OSX
- Adobe Flash player plugin settings are set up for your favorite browser (<5 minutes
- Adobe Flash Player settings for Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player settings for Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player settings for Safari
- The System Check ensures that your hardware and software are optimized for NativeAccent. (1 minute)
- NativeAccent for Students: 01 - Getting Started
- Log into NativeAccent and Carnegie BASICS courses at https://nativeaccent3.carnegiespeech.com and complete the course enrollment process. (<5 minutes)
- Continue and take the initial assessment.
- A NativeAccent assessment should take about 30 minutes
- A Carnegie BASICS assessment should take about 10 minutes
- If you leave the assessment before completion, exit by clicking Save and Quit (not just close the browser page). This creates a bookmark and allows you to continue the completion of your assessment on your next login.
- Upon completion of the assessment, you will receive a skills scorecard and then be taken to the first lesson in your custom NativeAccent learning path.
Remember, there is a direct relationship between your active learning time practice and your results. Carnegie Speech recommends 2 lessons per day for the best balance between practice time and improvement. 2 ½ hours one day a week will not be an effective use of your time.
The NativeAccent Student Roadmap https://support.carnegiespeech.com/kb/section/15/