The Teacher Roadmap: 01 - On-boarding Students
On-boarding Students when the school has purchased student licenses.
Onboarding Teachers and Students in NativeAccent and Carnegie BASICS Tutorial
On-boarding Teachers and Students in Carnegie ESL and Carnegie ESP Tutorial
- The teacher receives their username and password from the local administrator and/or from Carnegie Speech.
- The teacher logs in using their assigned login and password.
- If this is the first-time login, the teacher must complete the course registrations page
- The teacher will be placed in the Dashboard view.
- The teacher is recommended to verify or edit as needed the Course Settings (course hours and Intelligent Tutor settings) for each assigned course.
- Details are in The Teacher Roadmap: 03 - Manage Course Settings
- Temporary student usernames and passwords have been created for each class
- Distribute the temporary usernames and passwords to students
- The essential steps in the onboarding process are:
- Computer hardware sound settings for the headset microphone (<5 minutes)
- Microphone Set-up guide for MS Windows 7/8/10
- Microphone Set-up guide for macOS
- Assign students to log in and complete the course enrollment process. (<5 minutes)
- Students continue and take the initial assessment. (10 to 20 minutes)
- If a student leaves the assessment before completion, they should exit by clicking on the Quit icon (not just close the browser page). This creates a bookmark and allows the student to continue on the next login.
- Upon completion of the assessment, the student will receive a skills scorecard and then be taken to their first lesson in their individual learning path.
For NativeAccent 3 and Carnegie BASICS 3 users ONLY (Flash-based applications)
- Adobe Flash player plugin settings are set up for your favorite browser (<5 minutes
- Adobe Flash Player settings for Google Chrome
- Adobe Flash Player settings for Mozilla Firefox
- Adobe Flash Player settings for Safari
- The System Check ensures that your hardware and software are optimized for NativeAccent. (1 minute)
- NativeAccent for Students: 01 - Getting Started